Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My Hoosier Weather Report

"When the frost is on the punkin and the fodder’s in the shock…"

I was reminded of those words this morning when I looked out my window and saw frost, finally, covering the ground. I have never actually had frost on my punkin, nor has my fodder find its way into any shock that I am aware of, but it seemed appropriate. What it means is that winter is finally making its way here after days of unseasonably warm temps in the 60’s. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Anyway, this is just a post to say that we started back today to our regular schedule (harried), and so I will not be posting as often again. I had a spurt there for a couple of days, and may get some time later this week, but things are gearing up fast and it’s back to work I go.

Please remember that we will not be accepting queries until January 8th, when we put our form back in place. Also, please remember to review our needs very carefully before submitting, as they have changed.

I hope everyone’s new year has started off great. Happy 2007!

PS Kudos to anyone who can identify the Hoosier author of that line above...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

James Whitcomb Riley

Wylie Merrick Literary said...

Anonymous: You got it! Must be a Hoosier like us.:)